Monday, November 17, 2008

Holidays Fit For the King 2008!!!!

This Saturday was Providence's annual Holiday's Fit For The King. It's a fellowship and workshop for women designed to re-focus the holidays on Christ and also offers some fun holiday workshops like decorating, baking, and other ways to celebrate. This year, I brought Anna, Jamie, and Tiffany with me! Don't you love how we're lined up by size! As much as I have been ready to meet our son, I was really hoping to make it to "holidays" this year; it's like the start of the season for me. My favorite part was looking at all the table decorations during breakfast. Here are some pictures of the tables.

The workshops I chose this year were Decorating Principles where I learned about color and textures, focal point, and ways to use things that I already have around the house. I also went to Celebrating Advent. This was so important to me, especially now that we're starting our family. I learned about daily ways to celebrate advent and devotions I could use, fun ways to get the kids involved, and using an advent wreath for Advent Sundays. I'm excited to specifically apply this part to our family and our traditions. And I'm glad Ihave a husband who gets just as excited about celebrating Advent as me! What a great time!

No comments: