Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas-y Weekend

Luke and I are avid believers that Christmas does not start until the day after Thanksgiving. But after thinking more about it, with baby coming and with not decorating NOT being an option, we decided that, just for this year, we're gonna get started early. So part of my pre-natal nesting has been very Christmas- centered. Our Christmas began with the Raleigh Christmas Parade on Saturday. We went with Luke's sister Christine and some of her friends. Luke and I both used to march in the parade in high school. I have actually never been just a spectator at the parade. Here we are all bundled up because it was COOOOOOLD!. Here's Luke's Alma Mater. He went to Broughton. They always go first. And my Alma Mater. I went to Cary and we always went last. In classic Rockie style, I became very emotional and started to cry.It was neat to flashback to this time in my life when the band was everything. And how cool to think that that is just another thing the Lord gave to Luke and I, that we both were in Marching Band.

After the parade and yummy lunch with Ben and Tiffany, went out and got our Christmas Tree. And as is tradition, we walked over to the Food Lion across the street to find the perfect tree and Luke carried it home. It's always and adventure getting the tree in the stand but the Lord gave us sufficient grace to give to eachother. My favorite thing about our tree this year: it's tall. As you can see, I'm on my step stool and still stretching to get the star on top. We love our tree and are so thankful that God has provided for us to even have a tree this year. We are excited to put the ornaments on with our son.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: