Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Anticipatience

So, the other day it finally hit me...I am about to be a dad. I have known friends and family for the past 29 years and praise the Lord for the people He's put in my life. Relationships are pretty neat when you think about each one of them being different and unique. Well, this weekend I realized that one of the most important relationships I might have in this life is almost about to start. It's almost like a blind date, or blind marriage...ok, maybe blind adoption? Anyway, since we aren't going to give him away or leave him, he will be in our lives for a long long time (if the Lord wills it). I have thought about what he might look like or sound like or be like, and in less than 2 weeks I will find out. Granted, he can't reason with me or play frisbee golf, but his arrival is anticipatory nonetheless. Rockie and I are being very patient as we receive God's gift of our child. I honestly am so excited to hold my son in my arms! Rockie and I are taking the advice of some friends and going on a date every night we have free. Tonight is $2.75 Hibachi Express night! Thanks for reading my e-mind (or web log...hence the phrase "blog") and for waiting/praying/celebrating with us!

For those of you who don't know, our baby's first name is a secret. If you are reading this, then you have to leave a guess in the comments. We'll see who gets it right!

The hint: It has more vowels than consonants. (Example - Leo)

11 comments:

Marty said...

My guess is Isaiah or Isaac. :)

We're excited to meet him, too!

L-Mo said...

You guys are so fun. Good idea doing date nights, very wise.
My guess is Obadiah or Hosea.
Just kidding (unless those are actually them). I really like Marty's guesses.

Cliff said...

IIIIIIIIIIIIII am so excited for you guys. :)


"Anticipatience"

quintiple word score with 100 point bonus for awesome factor

David & Amy Bunge said...

I am going to guess Isaac. I choose Isaac for a few reasons. I admit one reason is due to Luke mentioning in his blog about not giving him away. The other reason is from knowing and talking to Rockie these past few years. She is always talking about the Lord's will, and I see how she embodies that. I believe that ultimately the two of you would make the kind of sacrifice Abraham was willing to make for God. There you be; my reasons for Isaac. Man, you two better be going with Isaac.

Beth said...

I want to vote for Aiah, Oholibama, Zeruiah or Tekoa, but I think it will probably be Isaac or Isaiah. Oh, but please reconsider Oholibama!

Anonymous said...

Darbie Mehaffie I think...

Mrs. Bensen said...

Well Isaac was my first thought and Lauren gave me Isaiah, I also have thought of Aaron and Aiden. But Isaac is my first pick.

Julie P said...

This is funny!!

burkely said...

Julio Aloicius?

Chris and Melody Harrell said...

ezekiel mehaffie

Anonymous said...

My guess....Eli