Monday, September 8, 2008

Third Trimester!!!

It's been a while since I've blogged. Just busy doing other things, but you know! Since the last post, I'VE ENTERED OUR THIRD TRIMESTER!!! The clock is ticking and we are so excited, though I feel that we're quite not ready yet. Anywho, here I am at 27 weeks (which was last week) with about 2 inches on the belly and 5 inches off the hair!!!
Last weekend, we got a pleasant surprise from an out of town friend, Melody Harrell. Her and Luke were friends all through high school and she's become a good friend of mine as well. Her husband wasn't able to make the visit so it was just her on the big red chair. And, of course, I've been busy about my projects. I've gotten a little bitty head start on Christmas. I saw this ornament somewhere and thought for sure I could make that! So, after 2 days of pins and sequins, here it is! Then there's the old sabana I talked about before: I chopped it all up, sewed on the bias tape, and here it is!! Looks much nicer and put together. I hope our little boy likes it. Good thing I wasn't a girlie girl when I was little. Though, I don't know why i chose jungle animals then, but hey, good thing I'm having a boy now!
And some more things for the nursery. I would put pics of the progressing nursery but it's still pretty messy trying to transition it! Here is a window I bought at a yard sale for $1. Amazing what some paint and Mod Podge will do! It will go on one of the walls. And the plaques I made for over the crib. Again, gotta love the mod podge!! The green isn't as neon as it looks here. It was our sons hymn on it. The hymn that we sing to our son is Great is Thy Faithfulness. It was the song that God gave Luke to sing to me the night I took the test because I was so anxious and it's the hymn that has brought comfort throughout our pregnancy. I decided to have it in the nursery as a testimony to God's faithfulness. Even though baby won't be able to read for years and years and years, it'll be a reminder for Luke and I everytime we go in the nursery. Here is a close-up. And finally, just because we love her... Our little MissyGirl!! We call her "the one" now but soon she'll become "the two"!

She's so sweet and cuddly!

5 comments:

Steven and Candi Manning said...

Rockie - I am so impressed with all of your creativity and talents...your nursery is going o be amazing! i can't believe it's already the 3rd trimester. You look great!!!

Rachel said...

Candi stole my words. I'm so excited for you guys. You look great and I love your new do!

Chris and Melody Harrell said...

YEAH! I made it to your blog!!! The nursery is looking so fantastic!!!

Cecy Oliva-Blum said...

OMG! You are so beautiful. I am so happy for you and Luke. Good luck to you both. I am so excited about the new addition to the family. May God bless you both always.
Hugs and kisses,
Mike and Cecy Blum

Julie P said...

You are super creative!