Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Bone To Pick.....And Some Family Time!

So first, my bone to pick. I was walking along BigLots last weekend looking for some thumb tacks, and what did my eyes see!! Three Christmas aisles!!! THREE.....CHRISTMAS.....in September. What's that about?!?! I couldn't take it! AND THEN! I was at Walmart, shopping for a plant for my sister. I was surprised that the garden area was so empty. I went to the cashier to ask why so few. He said, we're emptying it out because Christmas trees will be coming in the next two weeks. CHRISTMAS TREES????? I couldn't believe my ears. Who buys Christmas trees in September?!?!? What kind of Christmas tree will last from September to December!!!! I was so shocked and so sad. Christmas is just becoming less Christ and more retail. It makes me sad. Last year, they at least waited until after Halloween, but now.......geez! Oh well, in our home, and in our hearts, Christmas doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, and it will always stay that way!

On the family time note, my sister moved back from Arizona so we went to Greensboro yesterday to help her get settled in her new apartment. My grandmother came with her and I haven't seen her since our wedding two years ago. Here are the three of us: Wita, me, and Suzie. It was a fun time to be with them just serving her in anything she needed. It was also a good time of clarity for us to see with our eyes, God's blessing and provision for the things that she needed. The only thing was, the kids were with their father so we didn't get a chance to see them. But now that they are back in big NC, we will hopefully get to see them a whole lot more!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt and I were in Costco today and were surprised by the same thing! Crazy!!! Let's chat soon!!!!! :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say, some of us normal people do welcome the sights of Christmas with excitement, even at the early month of September.:-) I don't think I'm crazy either, just a little obsessed with Christmas! I usually start playing music at my house in July, only when I'm alone though, and I am always excited to see stuff in the stores, whever it happens. I do wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate my house though....except for that one time!:-)