Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby's First Shower!

Luke and I just had our first shower and we had fun. Well, I guess I had fun because Luke actually left to have lunch with some of the other husbands! It was a great time to celebrate with friends this new exciting time in our lives and see God's provision for us through some of our friends. Here are two of my favorite things that baby boy got yesterday.

First, Jamie, the hostess, made baby this amazing blanket. She knit it all by hand!!! It was so amazing and truly a labor of love. She even carefully and very tediously knit in every single polka dot because she know how much I love polka dots. I almost cried when I saw it.

Next were these bumper pads for the crib. My amazing mother-in-law made these for us and baby, and were also a labor of love. She also made is the dust ruffle that coordinated perfectly. AND Luke's family gave us the mattress, mattress pad, and fitted sheet. Needless to say, our crib was complete! Here is the finished product and we are so excited. How amazing to think that in 10 weeks, our little boy will be living in that crib. We are so thankful for all our presents and God's provision for us. Check out the slideshow to see more shower pictures!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rockie, so sorry I couldn't make it. I had to work (bringing some babies into the world!). I hope I can see you soon. I'm coming to Raleigh next weekend, any chance I can see you and your hubby? Much love!!

Steven and Candi Manning said...

Rockie - your crib is beautiful! I'm so sorry that I couldn't make it to the shower, I would have loved celebrating w/ you in person.

Julie P said...

Your crib is so cute! Love it!