Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New and Fast Friends!

This is Ben and Tiffany Stilings. They are our neighbors right across the breezeway. We have had them over to dinner many times but always forgot to take our traditional big red chair picture until yesterday. We met Ben last year when he was moving in, before they were married and he asked us for a hammer. Since then, we have hung out alot with them. Tiffany is quickly becoming a heart friend of mine. We are both exactly the same in that we are instant friends with everyone. Whenever we see eachother outside, it always turns into hour long conversations in one of our homes. The best part about hanging out with them is the travel time....less than one second, and we can even go barefoot! Ben is super duper tall. Yesterday when they were over for dinner, I tried to reach the noodles but Luke had scoot them way back on the top shelf. Where I would normally need to pull out my step stool to reach it, he actually had to squat under the door pane to be able to see and grab it for me. Super tall! It's awesome how the Lord sovereignly allowed us to meet. Tiff has been such a spiritual encouragement to me and it's great to have such strong believers living so near to us. Luke compares it to living in a dorm where you just pass by the door and ask, "hey, you wanna go to dinner?" We are truly enjoying our friendship with them.

On a separate note: Tomorrow's our big day. Our appointment is at 9:30am so keep us in your prayers. We let you know what the big results are!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke and Rockie!
I ran across your blog tonight...not even sure how I got here but wanted to say Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting. We rejoice with you both over this precious time in your marriage and for this gift from God.
Also, I met Tiffany a thru her sister-in-law, Brittany Stilling. She's a sweetheart and I can see how yall would connect instantly. Enjoy this time and tell her I said hey!
Hope to see you soon!