Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Sad Loss With Great Friends

Luke and I had an unexpected suprise this weekend. We slept in Saturday morning and started to make our saturday chocolate chip pancakes. A friend called and said he and his wife had two extra tickets to the State vs. Duke game and asked if we wanted to go. Hmmmm, Let me think.....HECK YEAH!!! So we rushed to meet them in an hour. Mind you, we had just woken up maybe 30 minutes before they called. We were very excited! Though my blood runs purple and gold, I married into a State family and have become a State Fan (except when they play ECU of course). Our friends Burke and Jen Evans took us:

He gets free tickets at work. (This is an old picture from our 4th of July party).

It was my 3rd time in the RBC Center but each time is like the first. Plus, we usually sit up on the 3rd level but Burke had tickets for the club level. oooooooooooo!! It was fun.

(This is an old picture too.) The seats even had in-seat menus to order from. If I really wanted to, I could've ordered a chicken cesar wrap for just $11.00! What a great deal!!!But I tried as much as I could not to take advantage of that amazing deal! State ended up losing but it was a victory from within. State held the lead for the whole game and played the best they had all season. And, as much as I strongly dislike Duke, there was something surreal about seeing Coach K and that little rat Paulus in person.

Anywho, it was such a beautiful day that we went out to Cookout for lunch. It was all in all, a great day, and even better because it was unexpected and spontaneous!!! Oh yeah, Burke and Jen are expecting their #1 in July. WooHoo!!!!!

No comments: