Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Wito!!

Monday was my wito's birthday. He's my grandfather and the patriarch of my family. He's the only father figure I have ever had and I love him dearly!
Isn't he is so cute. Not too cute though, he's still pretty powerful. They still live in the house I grew up in when I lived in Texas. I love my Wito very much. He has this way about him. Anytime he talks to me, on the phone or see him in person, all I can do is cry. And this happens to my sister too, and we can't explain it. We just love him. I was so glad he walked me down the aisle for my wedding. It was a great honor for me. I might cry. This is his full height, by the way. And notice, I'm crouched down to him alittle, and you all know how short I am! The only two times I cried my whole wedding day was when he first came in to see me, and when we danced together. I cried like a baby!!! I was always Wito's little helper growing up. He is the reason why I can change a tire, change a spark plug, and change the oil in my car. My sister and I would spend the summers there, after we moved away, and Wito was always fixing a car up. Back then, I HATED helping him, because all I wanted to do was ride my bike. I remember telling my Wita that all I ever did was sit there while he messed around under the car. She would always tell me that it really did help him because if he ever needed anything, I was right there to get it for him, instead of him having to climb out from the car over and over again. AND, I learned my way around a tool box! And every once in a while, he let me climb under the car with him and my Wito is a great teacher. I will never ever forget all the "consejos" that he has shared with me in my life. (Those are meaningful advice-s. Like, "my grandpa always use to say...").

I hope everyone in the world has the great honor of meeting my Wito one day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Queli, I truly loved the words you wrote about "Wito" my daddy. He is amazing. Okay, I sitting here still crying like a nerd. U GO GIRL!! Love you and miss you always....Tia Tochita