Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Latest Creations

My brain has been going crazy lately with ideas to make our home look a little nicer and less college-y. Luke blames it on the Family Circle magazines I get that have really great and inexpensive ideas. However, I still try to find a great deal, none the less. All you're about to see was less than $10!
First, I redid our living room slightly. I should've taken a before picture. I basically just added the flowers and the picture to the wall shelfs.

Here are the details:

The votive centerpeice was a great find at Goodwill for $4. You're supposed to put candles in it but I decided to put flowers. Those are artificial geraniums and I got them at Walmart for $3! They match our big red chair.The yellow flowers is my bridesmaid bouquet from my best friend Andrea's wedding. They have dried quite nicely. That frame with three openings I got on clearance at Target for $2.50. It's a picture of Luke and I praying at our wedding and our wedding vows are on each side of the picture. Those were all free because we just printed them at home!

This last one is my favorite. I found this purse and wallet at Goodwill for $1.99!!! The ribbon was $2.99 for 4 yards. I put the ribbon on using some iron-on stitching around the purse and on the wallet. This was so fun for me because I've been looking hard to find a good purse for that ribbon. It matches my little polka dot shoes too! (yeah, I know I'm a dork).

Well, there you have it. I'm also working on sewing together some coverings for some decorative pillows that aren't so decorative in our bedroom. I don't know how long those will take. I hope you're encouraged about decorating on a really really tight budget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rocky, you are so creative...i love seeing your ideas flow from your head to beautiful practical homemade crafts. very talented!