Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fun with the Smith's

Thanks you to all who were praying for me to get all better. The flu has finally left me but the runny nose and cough remain. I'm so grateful to be done with it. I just want to give another shout out to my wonderfully fantastic Luke. He served me with such genuine joy and compassion in his heart and God protected him by not letting my yucky germs get inside him! I love you Luke!!! By Friday night, I was alot better.

Luke and I were having some people over for dinner, and though I was better, I didn't have the strength to cook a full blown dinner for 8. So, I played it easy and made a big pot of chilli. Good thing it was a chilli/chilly day. The dinner was for Jeremy, Anita and Callie Smith. They are international missionaries and were home for Callie's birth and the mission's festival at Providence.

Luke knew Jeremy from high school, I think, or maybe just from his parent's living room that always had NC State students around. I only just met Anita this summer and we were instant friends. This was our first opportunity to hang out with them and the new baby since last summer. We spent the evening eating and talking, laughing and praying. Our dinner table only seats 4......6 if we squeeze. So with 8 of us, we just gathered our bowls of chilli around the living room.

After dinner, Mike and Nancy Corson left and the rest of us spent some time praying for the Smith's as they head back to their home abroad, but this time with a newborn. Our good friends Drew and Jaime Watkins also joined us. I just had to add this following picture. Sorry it's slightly baby x-rated: Everytime Callie went for a diaper change, Anita had to go prepared with the papertowels because Callie always waited until her diaper was off to go #1 while getting cleaned after going #2. It was so funny to see Jeremy holding Callie up in the air while Anita cleaned the changing pad. It was encouraging for us non parents to see Jeremy and Anita portray such good teamwork! By the end of the night, the boys had migrated to the kitchen to talk about boy things while the girls stayed in the living room talking girl things, but mostly passing the baby around and watching her. Turns out she was dedicated at Providence on Sunday!

We had a great time socializing and in fellowship. Please pray for the Smith's as they make the long journey home with a baby and transition back into ministry.

2 comments:

The Bryant Family said...

wow, how fun to see pictures of people "from the past"! Me (Rachel) and the boys (Not Jared this time :( ) will be in town the first couple weeks of April and I'd LOVE to see you guys!

Rockie said...

oh yes yes!!!! We would LOVE to see you and all your boys!!! please call when you come in!!!