Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On a Personal Note

Luke and I had a wonderful weekend at the Weekend To Remember marriage conference in Charlotte. This was our second. We went to one when we were just engaged and "naive". This was a good one because we had a better context of life to put into the conference. We also got to see my best friend Pam for a few hours on Sunday.

That's when the weekend went sour. I'd been sick about 2 weeks ago and was finally getting over it thought I still had some congestion in my lungs. The achiness started coming, and the runny nose and the worst, the painful chest coughs. By the time we got home that night, my temperature had shot up to 102 and I was miserable. I can't even remember the last time I had a fever. So we called luke's mom and she confirmed that it was most likely the flu. I've never had the flu before, which is why I've never thought it neccessary for me to get the flu shot. That's what I get. I have, from this moment on, become the biggest advocate for flu shots in the world!!!

So I haven't been to work in 3 days (actually 5 counting the weekend), have spent most of those 3 days in bed or on the couch with a fever ranging from 99 to 101 and nothing to do about it just waiting for to work it's way out. Although I absolutely hate taking medicine, I've given in some, thank goodness for NyQuil. I have truly never felt this miserable before and I've spent time crying in agony. There's nothing worse than taking a tepid shower when your fever's up and the water literally hurts your skin.

All this to say, times like these help me realize the weakness of my body and though we were created in a perfect world with perfect bodies, sicknesses like the flu are a direct consequece of the fall. So my prayer has been for God to bring His healing touch on me because I know He can. Psalm 103 has been a comfort to me through this time.
Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his
holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his
benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Praise the Lord indeed. Praises even more for my absolutely wonderful husband who's been so Christ like in his servant's heart. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. He has taken such good care of me and has been so very compassionate. As he prays for me daily, he always ends his prayer by praying that I will "suffer well".

Please pray for me as I continue to heal and that I will indeed suffer well and give more glory to God.

2 comments:

Marty said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. :(

Rachel said...

I hope you are better today. I hear that flu is awful!