Monday, March 19, 2012

Super Saturday Family Adventure--Green Edition

This Saturday, we went down to the St. Patricks Day Parade! During breakfast, we watched the Veggie Tales story about the real St. Patrick to explain why we're  were celebrating it. I use the word "celebrating" very loosely because all we did was dress in green and go to the parade. 

To avoid traffic, we parked on peace street and rode the R Line again! It was fun!
 We got off at the Convention Center. The fountain is really nice and the boys love it. Did I mention it was a gorgeous day for a parade?
 A kind lady moved her chair over so we could have a curb spot. Praise God!! Isaac was in observe mode and sat frozen the whole time. Screaming on the inside is what I always say.
Simon and Luke sat right behind us. As you can see, even Simon was in observe mode and having no outer reaction :)
 As a pretty "outer" emotional mom, it's really hard to know if my boys are having a good time. But at least they're not crying, right!!

Just the two of us. 
 Grams showed up on her bike for a few minutes. Fun!
 The parade got kinda boring at the end so we headed back to the bus stop. And we saw Sir Walter Raleigh. Isaac was terrified. This was after he had calmed down a little bit.
 If I was doing this, Isaac would most certainly have fallen in!!
 He was pooping. Can you tell?? HA!
 Back on the bus.

I loved looking back at Luke's face at one point during the parade and seeing such a satisfied look on his face. He tells me often how much he loves his family, and I believe him. It is not a burden for him in the least to be with me and the boys. And today was one of those days that we came home, put the boys down and he hugs me on the couch and simply says, "I love my family".

No comments: