Tuesday, August 31, 2010

He Said that He.....

Waiting patiently is getting a little harder these days. It's hot, I'm tired, Isaac's growing, yatta yatta. On top of the fact that we're really hoping to go into labor on our own.

Many of you know that Isaac was born by c-section and this is something that God is still healing my heart from. We've been praying since day one of this pregnancy that I wouldn't have to have a repeat c-section and would be able to deliver naturally.

In these last day, my faith has been struggling with this. I've been back and forth really believing and being filled with hope that God will give me my heart's desire. Then there are the days when my faith is fickle and I begin to believe satan's lies that God doesn't really love me that much and that I will most likely have to have another c-section and will just have to deal with it.

I think of the old song that says "my faith is like shifting sand, changed by every wave". I'm so convicted, ant at times, very disheartened.

Rita Springer has a song that I have loved listening to lately called "I Have to Believe". It has been very encouraging and has helped speak truth about God when it's so easy to believe lies. I hope you like it as much as me.



Lyrics | Rita Springer lyrics - I Have To Believe lyrics

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Praying for your succesful VBAC! If you want to walk on Thursday or Friday, I could meet you for lunch at Trianlge Town. You said you live near there right?

Steven and Candi Manning said...

I'll be praying that you get your hearts desire! Love you guys!

Andrea said...

I would never have thought that a C-section would cause these kind of thoughts or women would be so for a "regular" delivery (except for C-section being a surgery and physical recovery taking longer) that they would be very disappointed and have faith questions if they needed to have a C-section. Thanks for sharing this with us. I really appreciate this kind of openness and vulnerability.