Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yellow Garden Spider

I am putting this post up to glorify the Lord. I am still astounded that God has made such detailed, unique and wondrously weird creatures to reflect His creativity and glory. I couldn't help but notice the pattern of the web and the size of these beautiful Argiope aurantia next to our water hose. They still sort of creep me out, but I am more awestruck than scared. Apparently they eat their web for nutrients, then spin another one. As you can see there are two of them about 3 feet apart. I'm just glad they aren't on the inside of our house. I will leave them there to catch all the creepy-crawly annoying bugs they want.
-Luke

1 comment:

kim said...

I've got the heebies just looking at the pics, God is amazing...but there are a few bugs or other creatures I might ask him about when I get to Heaven...like jellyfish. I know turtles eat them but couldn't they find something else to eat?