Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Boy Gets a Cut

A haircut that is. Luke and I were trying to hold out as long as we could. But the hair around his ears was really long and always made him look sloppy. The hair in the back was so long that I had to brush his hair out of the way just to put his bib on. The front hasn't caught up! So we did it. Luke was in charge of entertaining and distracting while I had the task of cutting. Here I am making the first cut. (don't you love how Isaac is talking on his phone!)We wanted to keep a little bundle of it b/c Luke and I both have hair saved from our first haircuts. You can kinda see how different and big boy-ish he looks already with the hair around his ears gone. Though, he doesn't look too excited. It's because he knew that I had messed up on the first cut. Oops! But hey, at least it's a perfectly straight line right! We just laughed and laughed, and still are laughing when we see this side of his haircut. I'm not taking it too seriously though because, I mean really, he doesn't care, and I don't think anyone else will be making any bad comments on poor Isaac's bad haircut. And, I messed up just as badly when I cut Luke's hair for the first time. I even made him bleed with the clippers. So, I think I'll get better and better at it. My little boy looks like such a big boy now. Oh we just can't stand it!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

ALINNA said...

awww.. he does look different, but still oh so cute. looks like you guys had a fun time doing this. :)

Anonymous said...

I believe the description of the "before" hair qualifies as a mullet. Just sayin'. Which reminds me of that time Luke had that AWFUL mullet with bangs...which also reminds me of the time he had that soul patch on his cheek. And the time I cut your hair because you had mushroom head on your license picture. I miss college!!! :)

LOVE YOU and MISS YOU lots and lots!!