Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oh Well!

State didn't win but we all give them props for getting as far as they did. We had a great time watching the final game here in our home with Luke's parents. Sharon's (my mother-in-law) brithday was on March 9th. She wasn't in town that day so Luke and I had dinner for her on Tuesday. It was alot of fun. She bought us cake pans and a cake stand for a bridal shower so I made her a brithday cake. It was called Candy Bar Cake. It was four layers of Devil's Food cake with vanilla icing and cut up candy between each layer. Luke andI used milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and Andes between each layer. Then on top you stick milk chocolate and Andes squares along the top. It was yummy. The funniest part was the candles. Luke and I bought them because they were only .82 cents. We lit them and the flames were SO HIGH. I walked with the cake to the side because I didn't want my hair to singe off. Then, Mute blew them out and the house was filled with smoke, FROM THE CANDLES. Then, little did we know that they were trick candles so they kept relighting. What an adventure! It was a good laugh but we had to open everything to make sure the smoke alarm didn't go off from the birthday candles! Oh well, here ar ethe pics!!!




No comments: