Monday, March 5, 2007

A Night Apart

Tonight I had a training for my Infant Toddler Certification so Luke took an apportunity to take the night for the boys. He went out to see The Good Shepherd with Drew. Being newlyweds, it's easy to be attached at the hip which I think Luke and I are a little so it's good that we had a night to be apart, though, I wish I didn't have to be at a training while Luke was at a movie.

Two things I learned at the training that are actually applicable to my life:

1. Things are more easily stored in our memory when they carry an emotional attachment to it. That's why it's hard to memorize phone #'s that you don't use often but easy to remember the exact date that you had your first kiss (ladies!). So, concerning scripture memory, it may be faster and easier to memorize verses if we attach an emotional attachment/application to it, and maybe it'll will stick longer in our heads rather than just repeating it over and over again. Just try it and see if it works.

2. "Self-Esteem". What it is anyway?! We talked alot about it today. It got me thinking about my own children's self-esteem. Will I be the parent that says, "you can do it! you're so great! you can do anything!!!! or will I be the parent that says, "God is so good, and through His goodness, you can trust Him for great things in your life!! God's goodness and power will give you courage to do it!! ---I think that latter.

Also, I'm working on getting either a link to our wedding pictures, or actually posting an album of our wedding pictures. Just so you know!! They're only 6 months late. Wow, we've been married 6 months!!!!

No comments: