Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Isaac Friendly Nativity

Good Morning says Isaac!!! We're up and ready for our morning Christmas Bible time. This is the first thing we do in the morning.

I wanted to show you all this fun little Nativity I made for IsaacBoy. I was looking for something he could have in his room to play with without being scared that he would destroy it if left alone. So I found THIS website with all the printables. I love all the little figures. So I printed them out and Luke cut them. I laminated them, put a little piece of velcro on the back and stuck them to a poster board. So fun, and Isaac really loves it.
Every morning, we read through Luke 2 and the passage about the wise men. As I'm reading, I'm handing Isaac the pieces for him to stick. It's a great way to keep his focus and for him to touch and feel the Christmas story.
Today he learned about the special star that the wise men followed to get to baby Jesus. Now whenever he sees a star he says "special star". And when we ask him, "who comes at Christmas?" he happily proclaims JESUS!

We have many other kid friendly nativity sets all around the house. One of which is the Little People. That's the one we use for our evening devotional. Then there THIS one that he also loves. We even have one on the dinner table to we can talk about the Christmas story over dinner.

One funny thing. There's been so much talk about baby Jesus lately that when we ask Isaac "who's this?" as we point to Simon, he says , "Baby Jesus!" Ha! Not quite.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love the laminate and Velcro idea!