Friday, May 8, 2009

Memories Memories

T-shirts are so hard to throw away because each one has such a significant meaning. Unfortunatley they pile up and pile up and they get more worn and just don't fit anymore. Over two years ago, Luke was cleaning out his closet at his apartment and his parent's house and was having a really hard time throwing them away. This is significant for Luke because he usually has NO trouble doing it, especially with my things. So I took on a project I'd seen once. Two years later, progress. I don't know why I stopped working on this blanket. I think maybe it's cause I was getting ready to leave Charlotte, then we got engaged, then it pretty much just stayed hidden under our bed. I'm so close to being done with it. All I have left to do is sew on the t-shirt backing and I'll be done!!!!

For those of you who have known us for a long time, please share a memory you have of Luke wearing one of these shirts. I'll go first. The shirt that says "Just for feet", I wore that the halloween that I dressed up as Luke. Geez, I was a sophmore in college here. Isaac'll love this pic someday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitchen and Bath Galleries? I used to have that shirt. I can't remember why or how we got those.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! glad to see you today. happy mother's day rockie!