Monday, May 11, 2009

Dedication Mother's Pool Day

Sunday was such a great day. Not only was it my first official Mother's day, but Isaac got dedicated yesterday. Luke wrote a funny cute little letter from Isaac's point of view saying how I'm the best mom ever and that he would've literally died without me. That was accompanied by some really pretty jewelry I've been needing.

After church and Isaac's dedication, we all went to lunch at El Rodeo. Luke's family, and my sister and her kids were there to see Isaac dedicated. I was so thankful that they came. After that, we all came back to our home to have a dessert celebration for Isaac. The Watkins family came to celebrate with us. They are a special part of our lives. Luke shared what was special about the dedication. He shared the prayer of Hannah from 1 Samuel 1:27
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD."

This is what they read during the dedication at church. Luke also shared from Acts 17:11
"Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

This is the verse that we pray over Isaac daily. We prayed ot over him before he was even born; that he will be a man of noble character, that he will one day eagerly receive the message and that he will examine the scriptures for himself everyday to see if what we're saying is true so that he will have a faith of his own, not one that is attatched to us. This verse meant so much to us that we almost gave him Berean as a middle name. Then his initials would be IBM instead of IAM, both kinda quirky cool. After that we spent some time praying for Isaac which was also such a sweet time.

After everyone left, we headed out to the pool for Isaac's first time. What fun!!! The water was a little chilly but we adjusted well. Isaac was so funny in his floatie. I envisioned him sitting straight in it but I guess because he can't sit up on his own yet, he would lean far back and end up just lazily lounging in it. I love my family and love when we get to spend such special times together. I've put a slide show below of our exciting day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww sweet!!