Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Family Fun Weekend

What a fun memorial day weekend we had! And it was full! On Saturday, the first thing I did was give Luke a haircut that he's been asking for for weeks now. Then we went off to the farmer's market to get some yummy yummy strawberries and some veggies for Isaac. Luke's sister Catherine came with us since she didn't have anything else going on. Isaac had a rough one but recovered well. We then enjoyed lunch at Bojangle's them spent some time at our pool. Since Catherine was there, I was able to lay out for some sun while she and Luke played with Isaac in the pool. For dinner, we grilled up some chicken and veggies that we bought fresh that day! I don't have any pictures of this day.

On Sunday, Luke surprised us and took us to the museum of natural sciences downtown. For as long as I've lived in Raleigh, I've never been to the capitol or this part of downtown. So fun! It was so neat and oh so educational. Isaac liked staring at his pacifier more than anything. Here's Luke and the boy right outside the museum. And me and the boy inside a tree; there were fake bats right above us. Mr. Beaver in Narnia! It was neat how the whole musuem was set up like this with scenes that looked so real with snakes and beavers and birds and things all over. The boys and the dinosaur. And watch out for the giant bees!!!
On Monday, Suzie and the kids came from Greensboro to enjoy a day at the pool. We were literally there all day. The rain was hit and miss but overall it turned out to be a really nice day! And thegood news was, since it was overcast for most of the day, no one was at the pool, we had it all to ourselves. Here's Malikhi and Zhayla jumping in! We had yummy yummy KFC for lunch. About 5 minutes after this pic was taken, the rain poured down on us and we just huddled under our little umbrella. I just kept telling the kids that this was all part of our adventure. I had so much fun playing with the kids, except, I think I still have water in my ears! Here's Suzie and the kids: and Luke and the boy. So sweet! And now it's back to normal with dishes to wash, laundry to do, and luke at work. I just love spending time as a family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a great weekend! I love Isaac's smile in the last picture!