Monday, April 28, 2008

Hymns For Life II

Redeemed by Fanny J. Crosby. I've been singing this non stop all weekend long.

Redeemed—how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;R
edeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
Chorus:
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
His child, and forever, I am.
Chorus
Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
Chorus
I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
Chorus
I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose way I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.
Chorus

The last stanza is special to the writer. Fanny was blind since she was an infant so in the end when she says "I know I shall see in His Beauty...", that would have been the first thing she would have seen. A pastor once told a story about her. Someone was talking about her blindness and pitying her. She said that no one dare pity her, because the first face she would ever see was the face of her Savior. Wow!

No comments: