Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Favorite Hymn

Hello dedicated readers, Luke here. Earlier this week, I was looking on the ol' net for any a cappella groups in Raleigh because I have an interest in starting (a christian) one. Maybe one of these days I actually will. Anyway, I stumbled on to this group based out of Oregon named "Rescue". I listened to the song that automatically plays when you open their home page (Before the Throne of God) and have decided that it is my current favorite hymn. I have heard it before, but something about listening to these guys sing it SO beautifully made the words hit my heart a little deeper. Here is the link with the words to the hymn below:

ps-click the video of the vocal percussion demo on the right if you really want to be impressed!


Before the throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea:
A great High Priest, whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on his hands,
My name is written on his heart;
I know that while in heaven he stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Amazing grace how sweet the sound!

Behold him there, the risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace!

One in himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by his blood
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God
With Christ, my Savior and my God

No comments: