Saturday, November 3, 2007

Holidays Fit for the King!

This morning, I attended a Women's Fellowship at Providence. This was my first time at Holiday's Fit for the King! It was a great time of fellowship and a time of preparation for the holidays both in home and in heart. I was challenged that through the busyness of celebrating the season, to never forget the Prince of Peace, Jesus, that we are celebrating. I then attended two great workshops on Creating Christ-Centered Christmas Traditions and Creating Keepsake Ornaments. They were both so much fun. My friend Anna and her friend Dana joined me and we all had a great time. The table decorations for the breakfast were absolutely beautiful! I put them on a slide show below. Each table had it's own theme. I felt like I was walking through a Christmas magazine, really. When the day was done, I was feeling all Christmas-y and had to remember that it was just the first weekend in November and Christmas was still a little bit away. Luke and I are FIRM believers that Christmas music asnd decorating does NOT begin until the day after Thanksgiving. So take that all you crazy marketing people!! We had a great time and I hope that Sharon will let me be the table decorator for Thanksgiving!