Saturday, November 24, 2007

Beautiful Fall!!

Luke and I love the Fall. It's our second favorite time of year. We love the wind blowing and watching all the trees change color. This year we've noticed how much more brilliant the fall colors have been. Some of these trees have been so beautiful. What a testimony of God's creativeness in His creation. We have a tree right outside our window that has been most exciting. The gradual change looked like something I hadn't seen before. Check it out:

Then about a week later, it turned a firey orange red color. In the morning, when the sun hit it and came through it, it looked like it was on fire. Luke and I would just stare at it out the window.

As the wind started to pick up, the leaves began to fall. I love the wind and standing under that tree with the leaves falling made me feel like I was in a movie. It was beautiful but now, when we look at our tree .......

.......it's just not the same and Luke and I miss it already. I know you must all think that we're dorks, but Luke and I both absolutely love this time of year and feel the need to take it all in as much as we can.

I did, however, get obssessed with leaf picking this year. I saw a magazine article with all these great home decorating ideas with leaves. There were plates,picture frames, tray tables and candles. The only one I really got around to was the candle decoration. It was super fun doing it. I was going to take it over for Thanksgiving but there was already going to be a flower decoration there. So it stayed at home for Luke and I to enjoy. Oh yeah, Missy loves the fall as well!!

Happy Fall!!

No comments: