Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Courageous


Luke and I saw this last night on our date night. It was so good. I cried alot. Not always because it was sad, though it was was at times. But because the call on men in this movie is so strong and goes straight to the heart. It made me thankful for my husband and drew me to worship God for the great and heavy call to me as a mom of boys. One quote the dad says says, and I'm paraphrasing, "It's my responsibility to call out the man in my son." At the end of the movie, there's a long monologue that almost dropped me to my knees. I won't give away too much but he says in a loud commanding voice to the church, paraprhasing again, "You don't have to ask who's going to teach my son about Christ, I WILL! You don't have to ask who will lead, protect and teach my family, I WILL! You don't have to ask who will train my children to honor authority and live responsibly, I WILL!" and it goes on.

Very few movies do you leave from a changed person, with a heart drawn to God and challenged in such a way. But that's how we left this movie. Praise God for the men who took courage to make this movie and call out men of this society in such a way.

Please go see this movie.

No comments: