Friday, April 22, 2011

One Last Easter Craft

I made a felt board Easter Activity for Isaac similar to the Velcro Nativity I made for Christmas. The purpose again was to have something that Isaac could touch and feel as I read the Easter story to him.

I found these images online and instead of laminating and velcro-ing, I decided to use felt. So after I printed in all out, using Tacky Glue, I glued each little peice to some felt. I also took some foam board, cut it the size of a standard sheet of felt, and glued again. Super Easy.

The trickiest part was condensing the Bible's Easter story to something more concise yet accurate for Isaac and also that corresponded with the pieces of the activity (the sun and the dove are extras).

So these are the verses that I used in this specific order: John 19:17-18, 28a, 30b, 38a, 40a, 41, 42b; 20:1,11b, 12a; Matthew 28:5-6a; John 20:14a. After this I ended it with, "Jesus said, "Go and tell my brothers that I am alive".

Now I know there's a lot of a's and b's in there, but like I said, I wanted to hit the highlights that matched the activity and wanted to make it concise to keep Isaac's attention. It's worked out pretty good because he knows mostly the whole story now.

Isaac and I usually do this activity first thing in the morning and is even the one to bring me the board. This is usually when I'm getting lazy and want to skip it. Thanks Holy Spirit for using my little boy.

I know Easter's only 3 days away, but you could either crank this out really fast, or write down for next year!

No comments: