Monday, November 8, 2010

Holidays Fit For the King 2010

This is by far my favorite church event of the year. I love love love it. It totally gets me in the mood for the holidays.

First we eat breakfast together at beautifully decorated tables and listen to a woman speak. This year she spoke about A Woman's Heart, Fit for her King. She knows her God, believes her God and obeys her God. Very encouraging.

Then it's time for fun workshops that all the women really enjoy. Here's the table that I decorated. I decided on a a fall table. Here's a place setting. I found these great plates at Target and made a little rosette pin as gifts for the ladies.
For the centerpiece, I used the wreath off my door that I made. On a cake stand (under the tablecloth) I placed these pillar candles. I glued those leaves on using tacky glue.
And my favorite part, using old glass jars as candle holders. I used a variety of apple sauce jars, spaghetti sauce jars , jelly jars, and others and cleaned them out. I took some fake leaves and taped them to the jars and wrapped a piece of twine around it. After the candles were lit, they looked really cute.

Here's a tip that I just learned. Use different Tupperware under your table cloth to give the table differing heights. LOVE IT!

Anywho....here's a slide show of the other tables for you to get some more great ideas!


No comments: