Sunday, August 17, 2008

What I've Been Up To

First of all, I've been making a baby!! My tumbly is popping out and I love it!!! Except, getting dressed in the morning is alittle harder now. I'm at 25 Weeks now and very close to our 3rd Trimester. Thanksgiving is right around the corner!!!
I've also been busy making things for our little boy! I love to sew and thank my mother for teaching me my way around a sewing machine, even if it was against my will sometimes!Here, I've made two burp rags, a changing pad, and a bib. All I have left are a few finishing touches and a wipes bag that needs to be sewn!
And I found these cloth diapers super cheap and sewed the ribbons on them. This was super fun for Luke too. He got all into picking the ribbon and the fabric above too. The middle one has a white paper because I've ironed baby's name on it, and it's still a secret! They all have either his name or his initials on it! I'm so glad he finally has a definitive name!!!!
Anywho, I love making these little things for our baby and wonder what it's going to be like actually using them when he's here. While I'm doing this, Luke's mom is generously making our crib bedding, rocking chair padding, and the diaper bag that goes in the set above. So exciting!!!

I know I keep saying this but it's soooooo true: WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET OUR SON!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you posted this just as a teaser for all of the people wanting to know his name :)

but seriously, cute stuff! way to sew ahahahahahahaha go, sew, haha

Maggie said...

I love all this stuff you are making! Way to go with cloth diapers! Rockie, you are super gorgeous. Love the hair, love the belly, love the smile, love everything! Hugs to all 3 of you!

Rachel said...

So impressive! You are stunning :)

Julie P said...

so cute! i have been wanting to use my sewing machine to make stuff like that but I haven't made the time to learn how to sew again.