Thursday, May 31, 2007

Memorial Day!

Luke and I had a super Memorial Day Weekend. Our great friends, Scott and Kelly Barclay came and spent the WHOLE weekend with us and it was super fun. We cooked together, laughed together, went to church, El Rodeo, and you know Luke and I love El Rodeo. We were going to take a one night camping trip at Umstead Park but it was just too hot, so loving the AC, We stayed indoors and cooked out...on the George Foreman!
On Monday, we made waffles and after brakfast, headed over to our apartment pool, which was LOCKED! What in the world! Who locks the pool on Memorial Day. But, the people who are inside the pool already said that they had to climb over. Well, Kelly and I are both shorties and the gate came up to about our shoulders. So my wonderful husband went back to the apartment to get my step stool that I use in the kitchen. We climbed our way over and in the course of about 2 1/2 hrs at the pool, about 15 other people benefited from the stool as well. Some of which were over the age of 45ish. We wondered how they would get out after we went home, WITH our stool. It was a great time and Rockie got tanned and of course Luke got burned (he HATES gooey lotions.) We were too busy and having fun for Luke and I to take any pics of the weekend, so here are some pics us at random times with the Barclays.
Luke and Scott at our wedding

Kelly and I on our big red chair

No comments: