Friday, August 21, 2009

Supper Club

Last Saturday, we went to our first official supper club! Of course, I forgot my camera! It was alot of fun. It's made up of the Mehaffies and the Watkins, and another couple, the Richardsons. It's neat because the wives are the newcomers to the group as the husbands all grew up together here in Raleigh. The Mehaffies have kids, the Watkins don't and the Richardsons just got married. So we're all in different stages of life. We are so looking forward to continuing this tradition for a long time having all our kids play together he same way all the husbands used to play together.

What I do have pictures of, however, is the salad that I took. It came from my handy dandy Family Circle Magazine. (I'm seriously gonna ask for this subscription every Christmas and birthday!) It's called a BLT Salad.It was really fun and easy to make and everyone said it was really yummy. I only modified to parts: 1) I added avocados, just because they are so yummy and 2) they actually called for Miracle Whip to be lathered on between each layer. I left it out b/c it sounded pretty gross to me and I wasfairly certain that everyone else would think so too. So I just took a separate bottle of Ranch Dressing!

I'm excited to have Supper Club in our new house in October!

1 comment:

Braddy Family said...

Rockie, you put me to shame girl!! So domesticated!